Wednesday, May 21, 2014

50 Super Cool, Kinda Weird, Pretty Neat Things About My Sister



1.  Well…obviously--she's a hottie
2.  She was terrified of dogs and flying insects as a child.
3.  She makes THE BEST mashed potato casserole ever (ask her oldest niece)
4.  She's a solid color kind of girl--not so much a print sort of girl.
5.  She's super smart, even if sometimes she says she isn't.
6.  She was a much better behaved teenager than her sister (me).
7.  She was a flight attendant for a while and I thought that was so incredibly cool.
8.  In any single day, she will drink virtually no water.
9.  She fell out of a jeep once in high school (old story, but not everyone falls out of cars)
10.  The first time she tried out for cheerleader she made it and I was pretty jealous.
11.  She was forced to ride stinky llamas every year during vacation in Ruidoso (or Juarez?)
12.  She broke her arm jumping on the bed when she was little.
13.  She broke her nose on the playground when she was little.
14.  She has a high pain threshold.
15.  She has the most perfect natural nails of anyone I know and they grow fast.
16.  She's had nearly as many shoes as Imelda Marcos. Ok, not really--she just likes shoes...a lot.
17.  She hardly ever changes her earrings and she has four earring holes to use.
18.  She's a super fast reader and she likes to read.
19.  She's a rule follower…most of the time…sort of.
20.  She has a really, really loud laugh.  It's great.
21.  She hates to exercise about as much as her sister.
22.  She loves mexican food.
23.  She is an amazing mom---amazing.
24.  She remembers lyrics to old songs and lines from old movies.
25.  She LOVED Michael Jackson (she probably cried when he died)
26.  She has the tiniest fingers of any one adult I know.
27.  She can look at any gory, bloody, gross thing and be intrigued and interested in it.
28.  She raised an incredible son---don't mess with him… she will and could kill you.
29.  She can recite the McDonalds Big Mac song…backwards.
30.  She is extremely organized and loves a good schedule.
31.  She probably still hasn't forgiven her sister (me) for pretending like she (I) was dead in the bathroom while babysitting her one time.
32.  She maybe didn't like her sister (me) for a few years…understandably so.
33.  She has a wickedly sharp, SUPERB sense of humor.
34.  She is not crafty, hates crafts, won't craft but probably secretly is a crafting wannabe.
35.  She calls her brother-in-law "Cousin", when she's not calling him by his first name.
36.  Gin and Tonic used to be her favorite drink (may still be)
37.  Sometimes she dances on furniture if she's had a lot of margaritas and if it's a special occasion.
38.  She had her purse "purse-snatched" on a street in Chicago.
39.  She has a less-than-good back that probably hurts sometimes.
40.  She has super excellent curly hair that she's never really liked, and I've always wanted.
41.  She loves the beach but hardly ever goes there.
42.  She is a very quiet worrier--you'll never know if she's worried.
43.  She is an excellent worker--she can whip any office into shape in a matter of days.
44.  Her favorite thing in the world is to see her son succeed and be happy.
45.  She would make an excellent stand-up comedian rock star actress.
46.  She likes quiet and alone time.
47.  She once gave her sister (me) the coolest gift ever--an enormous Santa painting that I kept up year round for years.  It was (and still is) that cool.
48.  She considered buying a cute Puppy Halloween costume with her sister (me) when she and her sister didn't even own the puppies yet.
49.  She's not a big fan of squirrels…especially when they are in her house.
50.  She was the very best gift her sister ever got.  And I remember the very first time I saw her knowing that she was THAT extra, extra special.

And, I am honored and thankful to have had her for my sister for 50…yes, fifty wonderful years.  She is a true blessing in my life.  She is always there at any time when I need someone.  She is fun and funny and sensitive and thoughtful and kind and gentle.  She is many things I wish I could be and I admire her immensely.  She is a great person, a great daughter, a great mom and, a really wonderful sister that I am so very glad I have.

HAPPY #50 SHEILA!!

Love,
Your Older Sister



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Oh my gosh - I loved this, and I'm SO GLAD you girls love each other - - - ok, ok - there were a few years there that it was touch and go!! I must comment on #8 - Not only does she not drink much water, she could go all the distance from Tulsa to Roswell, New Mexico without needing to pee!!! Now see if you can top that??? I love both of you girls and consider myself the luckiest Mom in the whole wide world! XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Click in the box below, type in your comment and then you must "Comment As" through the drop down menu below. You can choose "Anonymous" if you don't have/want a google account. Hit "Post Comment" and all should be well with the world! Try it!!