Sunday, August 17, 2014

GOD IS TRUTH



A few days ago I shared the "Does God Exist" video that's making the rounds on Facebook which attributes the conversation in the video to Einstein.  It was pointed out to me via a posted Snopes link that the video was not entirely "true".  That is likely correct.  The video was not entirely true…Einstein wasn't the student who debated the professor.  I'm not sure that the video was intended to exemplify a universal truth as much as it was intended to tackle a philosophical question.  The question being, how can God and evil coexist?  Clearly, a video circulating on throughout the internet is not the best format or avenue for attempting such a deep philosophical debate, but I liked the video just the same and thought it brought up some interesting points.

While I am certainly not willing to, and frankly not able to adequately debate the existence of God, I am very willing and able to share and profess what is my personal truth and belief.  I believe that there is ultimately only One Truth, through God and His Holy word.  I believe that we, in our mortal flesh forms, will never fully understand that One Truth until we become our spiritual selves after death.  I believe in life after death.  I believe in God and have faith in God because I have seen and known His existence every day of my life and I have seen and known his existence in death.  I do not need to fully understand to believe.  My faith allows me to trust His truth for myself and for all of us.

What I believe specifically is this:

I believe in one God, 
the Father almighty, 
maker of heaven and earth, 
of all things visible and invisible. 
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, 
the Only Begotten Son of God, 
born of the Father before all ages. 
God from God, Light from Light, 
true God from true God, 
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; 
through him all things were made. 
For us men and for our salvation 
he came down from heaven, 
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, 
and became man. 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, 
he suffered death and was buried, 
and rose again on the third day 
in accordance with the Scriptures. 
He ascended into heaven 
and is seated at the right hand of the Father. 
He will come again in glory 
to judge the living and the dead 
and his kingdom will have no end. 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, 
who proceeds from the Father and the Son, 
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets. 

This is what I believe. 

This is my truth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Click in the box below, type in your comment and then you must "Comment As" through the drop down menu below. You can choose "Anonymous" if you don't have/want a google account. Hit "Post Comment" and all should be well with the world! Try it!!